THE Best Apple Crumble


    


Food for Thought in Covent Garden is probably my favourite restaurant, the food is always amazing, and the atmosphere is so lovely.




One is my most favourite dishes is their Apple Crumble, in the restaurant they use plums and pear too, but I prefer it without, I love their good so much that I bought their recipe book, and I thought I would share the Apple Crumble with you.

EQUIPMENT: 
Oven proof dish
Measuring spoons
Glass bowl 




INGREDIENTS:
450g cooking apples, cored and sliced
(Optional) 350g plums stoned and quartered 
Juice of one orange 
1/2tsp cinnamon 
50g demerara sugar

Topping:
50g butter/ soya margarine
50g Demerara sugar 
50g medium rolled oats
50g large rolled oats
25g wholewheat flour
25g ground almonds 
3dsp water 



Method:
1. Preheat oven to 400F/200C

2. Wash and prepare apples and plums. Place them in an oven-proof dish with orange juice, cinnamon and sugar. Cover with foil and bake for approx 20mins until fruit is soft.  





3. Place ingredients for crumble topping in a bowl (except water). Rub far into dry ingredients. Continue until mixture is crumbly then stir in water.





4. Layer crumble on top of the cooked fruit. Bake for 25 mins until golden brown

Enjoy! 
Pop in and say hi:
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13087405
Twitter- sara_cowen
Instagram- sarcowen

Comments

Popular Posts